Counseling is expensive. Here are a few ways to make it more affordable:
- ASK the therapist if they’ll lower their fee. Be direct and have a good idea of what you can afford to pay.
- GO during the day. Certain hours are often in less demand making it easier to negotiate
- BE like-able. Therapists are people too – they might be willing to negotiate for someone they’ll like
- TRY them out. Ask for a free initial consultation
- CONSIDER group therapy. The cost is spread out over more people making it more cost effective
- CHECK out your EAP or health insurance benefits. Most EAP’s offer a limited number of free sessions
Remember, it costs a lot to run a private counseling practice and you are making an investment in yourself and/or important relationships.
Posted in Self Help on 09/27/2010